Tuesday, May 31

Self-Reliance

For an entire year, I've essentally forgotten that this blog existed. Yeah, I remembered creating it and posting something here and there, but for the most part time has gone by and so have I, squandering days and wondering why nothing exciting was happening.


And then along came the ever-inspiring Tricia Huffmann. I'd been a fan of Tricia for a long time - following her on Twitter, reading her blog, attending her online workshops - but this too had become a passive activity. I was no longer working with her words but rather just letting them swim around and dissipate in my brain and yet expecting them to make an impact in my life. When Tricia posted about Project Domino and the Trust Yourself Writing Challenge, I knew this was an opportunity I'd been needing, something small I could commit myself to that would start things moving in my life.


So, as they say, today is the first day of the rest of our lives, folks. I'm going to be writing here daily over the next month, producing whatever comes out of me from prompts I receive in my inbox. Who knows what will come of it? I guess we'll never know until we start...




No comments: